Some Honey and Cinnamon
I hope everyone had a Happy, Healthy holiday and a fantastic New Years! I hope everyone was able to spend time with their families, and got everything they wanted from Santa! My family and I received some pretty amazing news which made our Christmas. My brother and Sister in law are having a little princess! I’m super excited to be an Auntie to a beautiful, previous little girl. They’re due in April, but it can’t come soon enough. I’m already spoiling my niece, buying her toys and pretty little outfits. A very exciting time for us! It’s been so long since I last blogged, and am so excited to pick up where I left off. To kick off 2015, I'm exited to hear all about your goals, to hear about how you're getting on track, and hope to make this year as successful as we can with PCOSAA. I also have many new healthy recipes, fitness activities and other helpful information that I can’t wait to share now, and in my upcoming blogs. In the past few weeks, it was hard to keep on track, and of course the holidays throws everyone off (I know it threw me off!) Unfortunately, I gained the weight back that I initially lost a few months ago, when I first started the blog. Yes. I gained back 10lbs. I’m ashamed, I’m embarrassed, and I hate how I look. Although I LOVE the holidays, I’m so glad they’re over. For me, there’s no excuse to eat wrong, no excuse to not work out, and a great time to focus on myself. I started yesterday, since I like to begin diets the start of the week, which also let me continue my holiday binge straight through the weekend…(at least I got it out of my system!) I weighed myself first thing in the morning, I shed a tear because of the gain, and then felt motivated to do all the right things.
This past weekend I googled, and used Pinterest to come up with new detoxes, breakfast and lunch ideas for work, and of course home workouts (since I have the treadmill in the basement, I use that with the weights I have, jump rope, and other little full body workouts I come across). As I was on Pinterest a weight loss trick caught my eye. I never heard of this before and thought I’d give it a go. I saw many positive reviews, it’s Dr. Oz approved, and it’s amazing for people with PCOS and people who have diabetes. What is it?? Hot water with Cinnamon and Honey. I started it yesterday and from here on out am going to continue this regimen as part of my every day routine. Below is a recipe and tutorial on how it works and what it does. It’s tasty…something that can definitely be gotten used to.
Hot water with Cinnamon and Honey Regimen
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Boil cup of water
- Pour over cinnamon.
- Let it steep for 15 minutes before adding the honey
- Once it is warm, add the honey. (Why wait to add it? Because the enzymes in the honey get destroyed by the hot water.)
- Have ½ cup in the morning, before you eat or drink anything else…Put the rest in the refrigerator for 45 minutes before you go to bed. DON’T heat it up. At night drink it cold, straight from the fridge. It should be the first thing you drink in the morning, and the last thing you eat or drink at night.
Honey in warm water:
- Helps in digesting the fat stored in your body.
- Maintains blood sugar levels, muscle recuperation and glycogen restoration after a workout.
- Contains vitamin C, Calcium and iron.
- Helps remove radicals from body which improve immune function.
Cinnamon in warm water:
- Excellent source of manganese, dietary fiber, iron and calcium.
- Has antifungal, antibacterial, anti-parasitic, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Can curb appetites and food cravings.
The regimen is said to be able to cure:
Arthritis, Indigestion, Heart Disease, Diabetes, Bladder infection, Cholesterol, Fatigue, Toothache, Colds, Influenza, Upset stomach, Immune system, Skin infection, Weight loss, Bad breath, Hearing loss.