Crisis Text Line serves anyone, in any type of crisis, providing access to free, 24/7 support and information via a medium people already use and trust: text.
1) Text PCOS to 741741 from anywhere in the United States or UK, 24/7. We will text about whatever is a crisis to you - addiction, anxiety, assault, bullying, depression, eating disorders, self-harm, and suicide.
2) The Crisis Counselor listens without judgment, invites you to share more, and helps you move from a hot moment to a cool calm. You’ll text back and forth, sharing only what you feel comfortable.
3) After 2 automated responses, you'll connect with a live, trained volunteer Crisis Counselor who receives the text on their computer.
4) The goal of the conversation is help you find calm. That may mean sharing resources for you to check out for more help; sometimes it means listening.
5) It usually takes less than 5 minutes to connect you with a Crisis Counselor, maybe longer during busy times.
6) Conversations usually end when you and the Crisis Counselor feel comfortable that you’re in a “cool,” safe place, after 15 - 45 minutes.
Crisis Text Line® is a registered trademark of Crisis Text Line, Inc.