A little bit of this, and a little bit of that
So I’m a little late with blogging this week and I apologize for that…Been extremely busy dealing with insurance companies, both health and car…..Here’s a brief update with what’s been happening:
- Last Thursday evening I got into a car accident, a 5 car pile-up. Luckily myself and everyone else who were involved were perfectly fine, no injuries. It wasn’t that bad---just everyone stopping short, kind of a chain reaction type of thing. After several days of waiting for the insurance company to call, obtaining a police report, etc., I’m finally going to have my car fixed this weekend. One thing is for certain though…I thank God from the bottom of my heart that everyone was okay. The accident could have been a lot worse, and I just pray every day that God was good to me, and to all of us.
- I heard back from my Endocrinologist and I am officially 10 days off Metformin. (As I’m typing I had to counts few times to make sure it was 10…wow it really has been a while since I blogged.) But being off the Met, I feel good! I’ve been maintain my weight loss and other than the “withdrawing” symptoms I feel great! (Hormones are all crazy…one minute I’m a little angel the next I’m a crazy mad women) but that should all go away soon. I love the fact that I only have to take the Spironolactone along with my other vitamins!
- My diet is on point…Still using the Myfitnesspal app which is awesome and highly recommended if you’re not already using it. I’ve been sticking to less than 1200 cals a day plus 4-5 days a week of exercising. I feel good. I’m motivated and in good spirits :)
So as promised, here’s a recipe I’d like to share with you all!
For all you fish lovers, last week I made a scrumptious Salmon that I found on Pinterest. (Have I mentioned that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Pinterest!?) It’s a foil bake salon with asparagus and I made a baked potato on the side. (Cuz you all know how much I love potatoes Lol) The salmon/asparagus combo is only 239 calories per serving…so that with a baked potato were a whopping 400 calories for dinner! Awesome right!? Here ya go:
- 4 salmon fillets
- 3 lemons
- 2 tbsp butter (cut into 8 pats)
- 1.5lb asparagus
- Salt/pepper/garlic powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash asparagus and cut the bottoms of the spears.
- Sprinkle salt/pepper/ garlic powder and squeeze lemon on top of the asparagus and place on aluminum foil (a good size to fit the salmon fillet…I fit 7 spears in the foil)
- Place the salmon on top of the asparagus with 2 pats of butter on each fillet, and sprinkle with the seasonings and more 2 slices of lemon on each fillet.
- Fold the foil patches and leave them seam side up. Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
Quick, easy and delicious!