Easy, Peasy, Lemon Squeezy!
The most annoying thing about working a desk job, is downtime. And what’s on my mind when I’m bored and have downtime?? FOOD! Of course, I’m not hungry ALL the time (Ok just kidding, I’m always hungry LOL), but when I’m sitting in front of a computer all day, I find myself wanting to pick and munch on something. Although I rather have chips and popcorn, I’ve been bringing other healthy options such as almonds, sugar free Jell-O pudding, an extra yogurt, banana, some fruit…you get the picture.
Below is a list of super healthy snacks I put together that are PCOS friendly and are under 150 calories. Perfect for the midafternoon munchies as well as easy, peasy lemon squeezy to prepare and transport to work, school and on the go.
- 1 cup of berries: 70 Calories
- Apple with 1 Tablespoon of Peanut Butter: 150 Calories
- 2 Tangerines: 66 Calories
- Grapefruit: 100 Calories
- Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt: 80 Calories
- ½ cup cottage cheese: 115 Calories
- 1 Tablespoon PB plus Celery: 110 Calories
- 1 Hardboiled egg: 70 calories
- 20 Almonds: 150 Calories
- 1 Banana: 90 Calories
- 1 Cup Jell-O Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding: 100 Calories
- 2 Laughing Cow Baby bell Cheese’s + handful grapes: 120 Calories
- 1 cut up tomato with ½ ball of fresh mozzarella: 110 Calories
These are all easy and healthy snacks! If anyone else has any other ideas and different creations that are under 150 calories please feel free to share!
For those of you that have more time, here’s a list plus easy recipes I put together of home-made healthy snacks under 150 calories
- Chocolate dipped honey wheat pretzels: 120 Calories for 6 Pretzels
- Dip the store bought Honey wheat pretzels in melted chocolate. Line on Parchment paper and place in fridge overnight.
- Fruit-and-nut bark: 70 Calories each bark
- Microwave 2 tablespoons chocolate chips until melted, pour onto parchment paper, sprinkle with 5 chopped pistachios and 5 golden raisins, and refrigerate until hardened.
- Homemade Kale Chips: 1 Cup = 34 Calories
- Remove the ribs from the kale and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Lay on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and salt. Bake until crisp turning the leaves halfway through, about 20 minutes.
- Homemade Oven Dried Banana Chips: 20 Chips= 90 Calories
- Peel 2 bananas and slice. Place on lined baking sheet. Brush bananas with lemon juice. Bake on lowest setting your oven will go for 1.5 hours.
There you go…Easy snack ideas, homemade or store bought. Again, if you all have any ideas, please share!