Skinny This, Skinny That
Today has been dragging. I just wish it would end already. I have so much to do when I get home...and by so much, I mean eat dinner, work out, shower, and plop myself down to watch Sons of Anarchy and Hell’s Kitchen, both of which are 2 hour season premieres. (I told you I’m a TV junkie!) Every day this week, I’m eating the same things for Breakfast, Lunch, and mid- day snack. Boring, yes, but it’s not too much to eat, and makes me feel satisfied throughout the day. I learned that it’s been working well for me, so I figured I’d stick with it for the week. Banana w/ PB, yogurt and strawberries, grapes, however my dinners are different each night.
- 2 pieces of grilled chicken breast seasoned with garlic powder, salt, pepper: 300 Calories
- Salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pepper, lemon for dressing: 25 Calories
- ½ cup roasted potatoes with garlic powder, salt, pepper, rosemary: 75 Calories
- DIY homemade strawberry ice-pop: 100 Calories
My total calorie intake for the day was about 1037 Calories.
Exercise: I went for a 3 mile walk with my mom again, and when I got home, I did this 3 times:
- 6oz Baked Salmon with salt/pepper: 270 Calories
- 8 Spears grilled asparagus: 30 calories
- Salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pepper, lemon for dressing: 25 calories
- DIY homemade strawberry ice-pop: 100 calories
My total calories intake for the day was about: 962 Calories
Exercise: 3 mile walk and did the same routine as last night.
I’ve been researching a lot of healthy choice recipes and came across a few great ones. Skinny this, skinny that, I found a recipe off Pinterest for “skinny ice pops”. I had all the ingredients home, so I decided to give it a go. To my surprise, they were quite delicious and hit the spot for a quick snack fix. I definitely recommend making them! I bought the mold from my local dollar store, and used this EASY AS PIE recipe:
Ingredients: (makes 4 servings)
- ½ cup lemonade
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- In a large pitcher, mix together cold water and lemonade.
- Pace sliced strawberries in the mold
- Pour the lemonade/water mix into the molds, and freeze until firm (about 4 hours)
How easy was that...And the best part is, is that they’re only 100 calories!