The PCOS Strides 5k Walk is a walk to not only raise awareness of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome but to advocate and raise funds for the research of PCOS. This walk is being hosted in 12 cities across the United States and a bonus option to participate virtually if one of the physical locations is not near you.
PCOS is an incurable epidemic affecting the quality of life of over 10,000,000 women in the world. Not only is it the number one cause of infertility in women but it also is the cause of fatigue, pelvic pain, weight gain, depression, hair loss, anxiety and more. If left untreated it can lead to Breast Cancer, Gynecological Cancers, Heart Disease and Diabetes.
PCOS Awareness Association is partnering with Cornell University to help raise funds for PCOS research. At this time, Cornell University has multiple research studies of PCOS, its origin and how to treat it. By participating in this walk, donating and encouraging your family and friends to donate, you are helping us reach our goal of $50,000 raised for the research, advocacy and support of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
The location (excluding virtual) that raises the most funds by September 1, 2018 will have a special prize! So, grab a friend, create a team, raise funds, wear your teal and bring your posters and signs!
See you at the walk, may the best city win!
* Donations can be made via Eventbrite *
PCOS Strides Locations:
- New York, NY - REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
- New Orleans, LA - REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
- Los Angeles, CA
- Phoenix, AZ
- Denver, CO
- Orlando, FL - REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
- Seattle, WA - REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
- Houston, TX - REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
- Indianapolis, IN - REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
- Washington, DC - REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
- Chicago, IL - REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
- Atlanta, GA - REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
- And Virtual - REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Based on location, date will either be Saturday or Sunday (not both days)